Are you sick of people trying to profit from your carefully constructed brand?
Crescendo Legal is here to guide you through the online trademark process. Trademarking your name or logo gives you the peace of mind of knowing that there is protection in place should someone try to use them in the future.
Trademark registration can take a year or more. With the internet, businesses are growing more quickly than ever and people are gaining access to content that isn’t theirs that much more easily. Don’t wait until you go viral to protect yourself.
If you don’t register your mark, you won’t have protections such as recouping your costs, statutory damages, and attorneys fees.
Trademark Registration Process
- Crescendo Legal will gather information from your for the online trademark registration process.
- If we agree to work together, I will send you an invoice and a fee agreement to sign.
- I will do a preliminary search using Google and the USPTO trademark database (TESS).
- Then I will do a full clearance search using Markify. This includes searches for phonetic similarity, identical marks, plurals, abbreviations, and more.
- I will write an opinion letter on how to proceed with your application.
- I will recommend a class for you using the USPTO class manual.
- Should you choose to proceed, I will file an application with the USPTO.
- If there are any issues, the examining attorney will send an office action. Once they clear all issues, the examining attorney will place your mark on the official gazette.
- Finally, if nobody objects to your trademark, the USPTO places your mark on the principal register, and you will receive a certificate.
Services are broken into two parts:
- Searching and Opinion Letter- $650
- Drafting and Preparation of the Application + Filing Fee- $800
- Both Steps- $1450
(Please note that you will need a separate trademark for a logo and a name- Deals are available for more than one trademark).
What’s not included?
- Substantive office actions ( these cost $1,037.00)
- Opposition to your trademark (I do not do litigation).
What is a trademark?
A trademark is a recognizable sign, design, or expression which identifies products or services. A trademark can be a name, logo, sound, or color. Wilson Murphy Law works with trademarks that are names and logos.
What benefits do I get when I trademark?
- You can use the registered trademark symbol, ®
- You can file a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court and may obtain monetary remedies, including infringer’s profits, damages, costs, and, in some cases, treble damages and attorneys’ fees
- It bars others who have a confusingly similar mark, and
- It may serve as the basis for an international trademark application
Can I file my trademark before I start selling my product or services?
You can file your trademark before you start selling your products or services, but you will have to file an intent to use application. If the Trademark office grants the intent to use application, they will issue a notice of allowance. You will have 6 months after the notice of allowance to start selling your service/product. After you start selling the product, you will have to file a statement of use which is an extra $125.00. Crescendo Legal takes these cases on a limited basis. In general, you must be selling your product or service before Crescendo Legal will take your case.